Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 1

Clay, I think that is a pretty nice intro that you wrote. Very composed and well thought out, my posts are probably going to be all over the place.

So day 1 was nothing all that special, stuff we've done before. The highlight was definitely cutting over to the PCH and charging it from Carmel down to San Simeon. That has got to be my favorite road ever, whenever I ride that road I think to myself I should probably move somewhere close to this place so I can ride it on a regular basis. Kinda like when I have a incredibly fun time skiing in Tahoe on a powder day I tell myself I should move there to be a ski bum (already off topic). Anyways the PCH has all the elements of a great road; twisty, undulating, great scenery, fast, slow, blind and open turns. It really has everything. When I ride a great road like that and everything is clicking, like I'm shifting in the right places, turning in at the right time getting on the gas early and braking late I'm happy and riding a motorcycle just feels like it is the right thing to do. Not sure if a lot of people feel that way about something in their life, but it's great to have motorcycles and skiing in my life. I think people who play music probably get the same satisfaction when they're rocking out as i do when I'm riding or skiing.

Had a great time in San Luis Obispo visiting my brothers and some buds from college days. That town has changed a lot in 3 years. Apparently Marty's is now a cowboy bar and Frog & Peach is a hippy bar... who knew.

2 comments:

  1. Go for it! I'm stoked for you guys get out there and realize your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! wish I can do that things too... :)

    ReplyDelete